Re: Headlight switch on the steering column...

To: z28quetzal@mindspring.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight switch on the steering column...
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 23:13:04 -0400
Joe,

>From what I remember mine did NOT pivot.  Wondering if your nylon switch
might be cracked?  Guess you'll just have to hook everything up & see if
that's the way it goes?

Todd
TR250(many, many pieces)
'74 TR6

p.s.  The early model cars light switch was on the column & the late was on
the dash

From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headlight switch on the steering column...
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:49:13 -0400

Hi,

I'm in the process of taking my '72 TR6 apart.  Today, I took the dash
apart.  I worked on the steering column and took the two switch 'stalks' out
of the column.  The one on the right, controlling the headlights confused me
a little.  It appears to 'pivot' when pulled towards the driver.  Is this a
feature to blink the headlights?  If so, do the headlights need to be ON for
this feature to work?  Or, does it work regardless of the setting for the
lights?

I've looked at the catalogues and these switches are NOT cheap in the least!
I'm hoping mine is in decent enough shape that I won't need to replace it.
Let me ask this too:  the stalk acts as the switch to turn the lights on
also, right?  The middle setting is for the parking lights, the to other
setting turns the headlights on, correct?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Joe

72 Pimento TR6 - currently in pieces.