Re: Tube Shock Conversion

To: thesokols@yahoo.com (Dennis Sokol)
Subject: Re: Tube Shock Conversion
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:13:33 -0700 (PDT)
Dennis---I got the tube shock conversion as a birthday present, so I
don't know which of the two styles I received. The "KIT" was from TRF,
and bolted to the same place on the frame as the original levers.  It
was a straight forward conversion, and included the KYB gas shocks.  I
took about an hour or so to install, including a cleanup of this area
before bolting on the new brackets. Working around the rear anti-roll
bar added to this time.

After years of fiddling with trying to get what I wanted out of the
levers, including several types of oils and internal settings, I sort of
gave up in having controls in both directions. I no longer "crash" over
unavoidable bumps. There is a very good, controlled action going on here
now, (especially rebound) and works well with the semi-comp springs.

So I thank my bride for the gift, and Mrs. Seff's son, Mitch, for
recommending them!

Dick Taylor
'73