Stumble, Backfire, Not Running - Update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stumble, Backfire, Not Running - Update
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:40:21 -0400
I replaced my Pertronix unit with points and condenser and borrowed a friend's
sport coil.  Still won't start. I am getting fire out of the coil wire to the
distributor.  It doesn't even start to act like it wants to crank.

Has to be carbs, fuel or lack of fuel.  I have pulled the fuel line and am
getting a flow of fuel when the engine turns over.  Next step tonight will be
to pull the carbs in the event when I filled up with gas, I pulled some water
into the float bowls which is preventing gas from making it into the intake or
possibly the float valves are stuck in the closed position.  One step at a
time.  Hopefully tonight I will figure this out.  Thanks.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN