Heater switch

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater switch
From: "John North" <jnorth@novagate.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:48:08 -0400
The blower switch was missing from my car - and NA from Moss, so I
bought a used one.   No existing switch so no clues beyond the wiring
diagram for how to plug the wires in, so I used a continuity tester to
figure out the hot terminal and the two outputs.   Hooked up the wires,
pulled on the switch... blew a fuse.

Either I got the connections wrong, or the reason there was no switch is
that the blower motor is shot...

The are actually five spades on the switch like this, looking down on
the back...

X X

I figure only the three on the left are used, the lower left is hot,
connected to power and the upper left two are the two positions for fast
and slow on the fan (which is which, I don't know, I expected to figure
that out when it was running...)

Can anyone confirm?   Any suggestions for testing the blower?   Not very
accessible, that's for sure...

John North