MIBRR Update and Terrific Essay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, forum@triumphstag.net,
Subject: MIBRR Update and Terrific Essay
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:24:49 -0400
Hello fellow listers,

Pardon the intrusion and cross post on all the Triumph lists I know of, but
it's for a good cause.

In 45 days, on October 4th, there will be about 20 Triumphs running the
two-day, 800-mile, "Michigan British Reliability Run."  It's an endurance
run of sorts, fashioned after those that John Macartney puts together in
the UK.  And, like several he's organized, this one benefits kids, this
time, kids with hemophilia.

What may be of interest to listers though, is an essay on the event website
written by Richard Truett of the Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club entitled,
"Getting Your Classic British Car Ready for the Run!"  It would apply to
any of us setting out for a long trek in our LBCs and talks about the
maintenance that should be done before departure.  Richard is a great
writer, in fact, some of you may know that Richard is a writer for
Automotive News here in Detroit.

The goal of the run is to raise $500 per team to help send kids with blood
disorders to summer camp where they learn to self infuse with 'factor,' a
clotting agent hemophiliacs lack.  They also have an opportunity to make
friendships with other children who have the same disease.  Camp costs in
excess of $2,000 per child, with $500 being paid by each camper.  The
foundation has a no-refusal policy meaning that the $500 payment is waived
for those children whose families cannot afford to pay.  These sorts of
fund raisers help to pay for those children to attend.

We're up to $2,200 so far.  If you can, please take time to sponsor a team
with a donation of any amount using PayPal on the site, or mail a check
payable to the Hemophilia Foundation to Blake Discher, 11777 Belmont,
Warren, MI 48089 USA.  With your help, we'll do all Triumph owners proud!

Richard's article is at: http://www.mibrr.com (click on the "Tips to
Prepare Your Car" link.)  You may make donations using PayPal on the same
website.

Best regards,
Blake Discher, Event Organizer