trunk storage arrangement

To: "6pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: trunk storage arrangement
From: Andrew Packard <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:36:57 -0400
Hello list.

How are the spare tire, jack, lug wrench, and jack crank supposed to be
arranged in our cars?  The spare takes up so much room, I can never find a
place for the jack.  I see an old leather strap and buckle, but can't figure
out how it works.  Any photo help would be great.  Photos would have to be sent
off list, of course.
Thanks as always for your help.

BTW, I just picked up the latest addition to the family yesterday . . .
CD7989L, a parts car that could see life again someday.  Drove up to central
New York state and back yesterday to get it.  A long drive to get a car with
the diff in the trunk, no steering attached, and a ton of parts in the
passenger compartment.  I always liked taking things apart as a kid, so I guess
I have more practice ahead of me!