Horn Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn Question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
I think Jim's problem with the horn(s) is probably related to a bad ground.  I
recently replaced mine because one of the old ones was rusted up and only gave
a low groaning noise.  I also suspect that the extra set of connectors that he
asked about on one of his old horns is for power to the second horn.  My first
suggestion would be to use a long alligator clip for a good ground from the
horn bolt to the battery and see if that works.  If that works you just need to
find a better way to ground the horn to the body/frame.  My knowledge of
electrical matters is just good enough to get me in trouble and I will gladly
defer to Dan Masters and/or Dick Taylor on this question.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6 with a persistent oil leak in the vicinity of the
timing chain cover.