Gas Tank Float - Not floating

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank Float - Not floating
From: "TR6-74" <TR6-74@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:38:51 -0400
I had the gas tank boiled out and lined last year.  Two weeks ago after
filling the tank the gauge didn't work.  I can see the float loose - and on
the bottom of the tank.  The sending unit is/was working.  I have talked to
others that say additives in the gas penetrate the plastic float and they
sink.  Remove the float, let it sit in the sun for a month and the fluid
inside is gone - no holes in the float.  I really don't want to remove the
tank again next year.  Is there a coating I can put on the float that won't
allow it to absorb the gas, or a different float I could install that will
remain floating?  Also any better suggestion for affixing the float to the
sending unit "wire".
Dave E - 74TR6

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]