Dan Masters problems? Help!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dan Masters problems? Help!
From: SOThornton@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:29:27 EDT
List-

I have a 1971 TR6 that first developed a problem a month or so ago. I drove
it one night and when I returned home and had to move a car in the driveway to
get the TR6 in the garage, I found my TR6 would not restart. Nothing. No
grinding, no noise at all.

I thought it was the starter and replaced it. It ran on the test drive and it
was parked again in the garage. When I tried to use it again this weekend,
again nothing. No grinding, no noise at all.

The cable from the battery to the starter had worn the coating off from
laying on the manifold so I replaced the cable. Still nothing. I checked all of
the
relevant connections and they look good.

When I tried to charge the battery with the Battery Tender, neither the red
or green light lit up. The Battery Tender worked on my TR3B though. When the
ignition is turned to the start mode, the car has no lights at all.

What is the problem? Any ideas? Possibly two bad starters?

I have recently installed a Petronix unit and it seemed to be working well.

Thanks in advance-

sot