Commission numbers

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission numbers
From: "Derek Graham" <saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:42:59 +0100
Phil,

Regards your query on commission numbers there were four series of numbers for
the TR6. CC and CP prefixes were for the 69 through to 72 models. The ranges
are CC25001 through to CC85737 and CP25001 through to CP77718. CF and CR
prefixes were for the 73 to 76 models. The ranges for these are CF1 through to
CF58328 and CR1 through to CR6701. All of these series have breaks within the
sequences. With regard to the TR6 assembled in Belgium these had numbers in
the series 1CP and 1CR. The numbers for these were all taken from within the
CP and CR series so that there was no duplication, the numbers being allocated
by Canley when the ckd kits were despatched to Belgium. the "1" was added to
the commission number of all cars assembled in Belgium. The Belgium cars also
had a different suffix which ended in LP. A typical number would be
1CP51850LP. This won't help the guy that you met at the show however which
appears to be a bit of a puzzler.
If you want a copy of the complete numbering sequences for all TR6 I can send
these on to you if it helps.

Regards

Derek Graham
CP54529-O