Sheared Rocker Arm (again)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Sheared Rocker Arm (again)
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:45:45 EDT
Only 1000 miles on the engine since overhaul, and I just sheared my second
rocker. (Not in the same position). I don't much believe in coincidences, and I
haven't been over 3000 rpm yet. I know it's an easy fix, but I'm nervous of
going more than 10 miles away from my garage! This is on an all-stock 1972, and
oiling to the rockers appears to be OK. The affected valve moves freely in the
guide. The pushrod looks straight to me.

What do you guys think. Just lousy luck, or do I have a badly cast set of
rockers? In case I decide to change them all, who makes the best quality engine
parts?

I'd appreciate other listers' experiences in this area.

Thanks.

Mike N

CC75088L