Radio Installation

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Radio Installation
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:31:59 -0400
Hi List...

I am in the process of installing a CD player into my 1971 TR6.  The wiring is
pretty straight forward and I have temporarily hooked up the two power leads
and the ground just to make sure everything is going to work.  Here is what I
have done:

The red power lead from the radio is attached to a green wire on the TR6 so
that the power to the radio comes on when the ignition is turned on.  The
yellow lead from the radio is attached to a purple wire for continuous power
and the ground is hooked up.  Everything works fine but the radio wont come on
unless I have the key switched to the on position.  I am sure others have been
this path before.  Which wire should the red lead from the radio be attached to
so that the radio will work when the key is in the accesory position?  Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have made my own kidney pads out of 1/4 inch luan and 6 X 9
speakers will fit on either side.  Some work still remains as the pads have to
be mounted and carpet will have to be placed on the kidney pads.  Just thought
I would pass the info along.

Cheers,
Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (sans radio, but not for long)