Re: No Vacuum

To: <TRDOCTOR@aol.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Vacuum
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:04:10 -0600
Sam, what year is your car?  I have a 76 and the vacuum fitting on the rear
carb is on top and is used to run the EGR valve.  It generally has no vacuum
at idle.  The front carb has a fitting at the bottom.  This may be the one you
need.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Sam wrote:>
I have no vacuum coming from the rear carb to the vacuum retard at the
distributor.  I have verified that the diaphragm is good and the breaker plate
does
move.  This was discovered yesterday while trying to slow the idle down some.
I slowed the idle by retarding the spark, but, in hindsight, I don't think
this was the proper way to act.  I think that I will hook up my Mityvac back
up
and, with full retard at the distributor, re-time the enging and just live
with the faster idle until I (or one of you!) can get to the bottom of the "no
vacuum" thing.