RE: Kangol reflex seat belt reel & non overdrive escutcheon

To: "'Michael Greene'" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kangol reflex seat belt reel & non overdrive escutcheon
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:51:22 -0400
Ssnake-Oyl Products (confidence inspiring name, huh) in Texas rebuilt
mine with new webbing and did a good job. Their not cheap, but for such
a safety critical part I felt it was worth it.
 http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/
You'll have to paint the exterior of the boxes with Hammerite paint.

Another choice is the British replacements (I've forgotten the name and
am too tired to research it) that show up on eBay and are available at
higher prices from Moss and others. Problem with these is they don't
work as well as the Kangols (I've used both) and the male latch doesn't
fit into the parking pieces on inside rockers.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

My car is a 1974 TR6 with Kangol Reflex reels. The seat belt reel will
not retract the seat belt fully. The units stops about 3 inches short of
retraction. Is their any serviceable part that can be repaired on the
unit. If the unit is not repairable, then I need some advice on the type
and supplier for a good replacement unit. I have seen several
replacements types from the major suppliers. I am 6'-3" and my wife is
5'-3", the seat belt that might be ok with me, might not work on a
shorter person.

Also I was given a new set of Escutcheon covers from the Roadster
Factory RFK638. I removed the existing units and installed the new ones
with the new decals. After installation I cleaned the old units with
soap, and the units look almost new with exceptions to the old decals. I
would like to offer the old units to someone that could use them on a
triumph. I feel I have received a great wealth of knowledge from the 6
pack group as a new Triumph owner. Please email your address. All I ask
is the cost of shipping to you zip code area and not post them on Ebay
for resell.

Michael E. Greene
Knoxville Tn. 37922