HD8 caruretor icing

To: 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: HD8 caruretor icing
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:43:22 -0500
Hi All,

I have a carb icing problem that seems to rear it's ugly head as soon as
the temps drop. I am using an HD8 carb and have classic icing symptoms.
Warm weather running is perfect. I am using an SU HD8.
Does any one know or have any suggestions to eliminate or tame this pain
in the a#* problem. I know SU offered a heating element to preheat the
incoming air on some models but I have clearance problems. Can I use
some exhaust heat to warm the carb body or is this the wrong approach,
should I be warming the intake air?
Baffled

--
Mitch Seff