Front Brake Squeel

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Brake Squeel
From: Trumpet76TR6@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:02:14 EST
  Happy New Year everyone.
  I replaced my entire brakes from master cylinder to pads to anti squeel
plates on the back of the pads to hoses and everything else on my 1976 about
1000
miles ago.  A couple hundred miles ago the fronts started sqeeling.  Not
every time.  Sometimes it will take a dozen stops to make it squeel, then
sometimes it squeels every time ten times in a row.  Often harder pressure on
the
brake pedal will make the sound lessen or quit.  I plan on pulling the fronts
apart today and putting some of the anti squeel goop that Permatex makes on the
back of the pads.  Does that sound like a good idea?  Anything else that I
should do while I am in there that will lessen the squeel?  Should I remove the
anti squeel pads?  Maybe sanding down the glaze on the pads or something?
  Thanks.
  Ken,  76 TR6,  AZ