Hardtop Hardware

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hardtop Hardware
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:03:48 -0800
The TR6 I purchased last summer came with a Parrish style hardtop.  The only
mounting hardware it came with are two turnbuckles for cinching down the rear
sides.  There was no hardware for mounting the front edge to the windshield,
but it has holes where I would expect pins to be located.  Are these holes
supposed to be threaded to accept a bolt up through the underside of the
windshield?  It just doesn't seem like the two turnbuckles are sufficient, plus
I doubt there's a decent seal for the front edge of the top when it's wet out.
And here in Oregon it's known to rain once in awhile.

Any information on how this is supposed to tie down would be appreciated.

Mike