TR250 Differential rebuild -- yes or no?

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR250 Differential rebuild -- yes or no?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:59:09 -0500
The Differential is out of the car -- frame off. 60K original miles.

I'm trying to decide whether to have the differential rebuilt or just
clean it up and put it back.

Is the some way to tell if the differential should be rebuilt without
taking it apart? The car has had a gentile life. I don't drive it hard.
How many miles should I expect between rebuilds?

FWIW, the oil feels stiff at 45 degrees in the garage. I can turn it by
hand and it feels smooth but it doesn't spin freely. Is that typical?

I suppose I should drain the oil and replace it if nothing else. Also
thought I should add a drain plug.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Don Malling