distributer O ring update

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: distributer O ring update
From: "Jim" <ebers@wpa.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:06:41 -0500
Thanks for all the help.
I thought this was a special o ring but from the e-mails I got I decided to go
to the local hardware shop. I thought the 3/32 X was the correct size I needed
but after putting it on the shaft it  would NOT go through the adapter that
holds the distributor on the engine. So I took the distributor and the adapter
to the hardware store and proceeded to try several o rings to find the one
that would fit. It was a 1/16 X x 1 1/16 OD x 15/16 ID that worked. NOT THE
3/32 X. I don't know how long it will last but for 85 cents I don't care.
Jim