RE: Distributor Rebuilder?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor Rebuilder?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:59:40 -0800
        Gene:

        If you are near any sort of significant city, you should have one or
more nearby. Look in the yellow pages under Auto Electric Service. Many places
rebuild alternators, wiper motors, blowers, starters and distributors. You will
need to call a few before you find one that handles distributors, but it is a
relatively common service in that line of business. Stay away from the 'battery
stores', look for a place that does the rebuild themselves. I have found that
local rebuilders of Lucas stuff are very common, and at least for my starter
rebuild parts were 'off the shelf'.
        I looked in the yellow pages, and came up with a couple locally that
explicitly state they do distributors. Here is a local outfit that has a web
page: http://www.philbingroup.com

        Cheers,

        Vance