TR250 TR6 rear axle and hub -- Beginners questions

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR250 TR6 rear axle and hub -- Beginners questions
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:54:34 -0500
Now that I have both of the trailing arms apart and the Hubs out is
there any reason to take care that I don't mix up the hubs and Trailing
Arms -- side to side divers vs passenger? Perhaps the tight fit of the
hub to the trailing arm is important to prevent side loading on the
studs in the trailing arm? Just guessing.

Also, when I separate the rear axles at the spline is there a reason to
make sure I don't mix-up the axle halves with respect to drivers side vs
passengers side. In other words, is it important to keep the original
male and female splines paired up.

Lastly, the grease on the axle splines was green. Is there some special
grease I should use on them? These axle splins have never been apart so
the grease is original.

Those rubber bushings really come out slick with a cheapo 3 arm HF gear
puller.

Don Malling