Re: Gunst bearing

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gunst bearing
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:34:53 -0500
FWIW this is not a true Gunst bearing. According to Joachim Gunst, the
guy who was manufacturing the sleeve for him stole the design and is
selling it to retailers both here in the states and in Europe.  Joachim
Gunst is quite upset about it.

I wonder about the lack of preload on the bearing. It does not wash at
all with the what I know the bearing manufacturer has stated about
Gunst's bearing. The bearing and the bearing sleeve are manufactured by
different people. The bearing itself is not of Gunst's design. It is
from a high quality European car. Gunst designed the sleeve to mate with
in and work on TR6 and TR250.

In my opinion the whole deal is unethical and stinks.

Don Malling