Carb Heat Shield

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Heat Shield
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:24:45 -0800
Hi all !

Just thought I'd share with the group my latest project. As I am doing a
Stromberg to SU carb conversion and adding headers I also had a heat shield
made up out of Stainless Steel. Hopefully it will do it's job, and also add
some safety in case the carbs start to leak for any reason (I built them !).

If you wish to have a peek, I did up a quick (very quick) web page that is
located here http://members.shaw.ca/nleask/

The fellow who made it up for me said if a few others would like one the
cost would be $50.00 Canadian. They are a fairly simple thing to build, but
as I was there watching him do it I realised that to cut and bend stainless
steel you sure need the proper equipment!

Any way, check it out if you wish. Just as an aside, once I finish my
article on my carb conversation, and all the little "Got-chyas" that pop up
I will post it on my web page and let you all know in the hopes it helps you
out.

Take care, Pat