Dash Defroster - Shortchanged

To: "<"<6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash Defroster - Shortchanged
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:02:58 -0800
Today, while removing air duct hoses under the dash in preparation for
installing a new glove box, I decided to go ahead and remove the
demister ducts and take time to clean them up while I had everything
else out.  When I looked in the opening of the duct that feeds the air
to defrost the windshield I noticed a third of the duct is totally
closed (by design).  The duct is over 9 inches wide but the outside
third is totally closed off.  I then looked down into the driver's
side vent and realized this duct is also designed the same way.  Anybody
know why Triumph would design a 9 inch wide vent and then decide to only
use two thirds of it?   It seems like having the ability to feed air to
the outside part of the vent would enhance the ability to defrost the
curved portion of the windshield and maybe even part of the side
windows.

Mike