Foot Rests

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Foot Rests
From: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:29:07 -0500
Thought you folks might like to see the left-foot rest I built.
It removes my main driving discomfort and provides a steadying effect.
(Yes, a size 13E fits; and, no, it doesn't interfere with clutching.)
Basically, it's a piece of 2x4 with two angle brackets that hook under the
footwell carpeting. It's covered with some ribbed vinyl sheeting I had left
over from building a roll-around toolbox. Reckon I could've left the 2x4
in bare wood, but I didn't want it to look too Morganic.
<http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041257609973449236954.jpg

<http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041254777546093983821.jpg

<http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041256032299716984241.jpg

I also increased right-foot support for highway cruising by doubling-up on
the throttle-return springs. First, I put a new spring in the stock
location; then I moved the hook of the old, tired spring up an inch to where
the clip retainer is (I need to make this more secure, though).
<http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041251028750419645166.jpg
>.

Yeah, talk about lazy.

Doug Morris '74 TR6 CF18kUO, NC
(engine now broken-in after the overhaul... now snowing)