Re: advice sought on HF floor jack repair -- minimal LBC

To: cowan@erg.sri.com (Cregg Cowan)
Subject: Re: advice sought on HF floor jack repair -- minimal LBC
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:41:47 -0800 (PST)
Cregg---The jack is no good the way it is, and would cost possibly more
than it's worth to ship it to a "repair center".

My Craftsman two-ton floor jack needed a couple oz. of hydaulic jack
oil, after about 15 years of service. (No leak evident) My $20
"Taiwanese" floor jack started leaking about the same as yours after
limited service, out thru the top O-ring. My jar of O-rings happen to
have  the right size and it was easy to replace.  Another example of we
get what we pay for!

Dick