RE: Cam bearings

To: "'Terry Geiger'" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Subject: RE: Cam bearings
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:50:14 -0500
I ordered the Spitfire bearings from TRF and had my block line-bored for
them. The bearings are pricey, as is the line-boring, as a lot of
material must come out to install the new bearings.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Hi Gents,

I have my engine apart and the cam bearings are showing excessive wear.
I understand that you can line bore the block and install bearings into
the block.  Can anyone tell me what bearings to use?  I've hear you
order two sets of Spitfire bearings and install what you need. Is this
true?  Did all Spitfires use the same cam bearings?  Has anyone "been
there" and have any additional information?

Thank you,
Terry Geiger
'74 TR6
Florence, Alabama USA