drive shaft vibrations and ujoints TR250 TR6

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: drive shaft vibrations and ujoints TR250 TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:48:01 -0500
My local non-LBC mechanic told me that I can risk the chance of drive
shaft vibrations if the drive shaft *flange* yokes are installed 180 out
of phase with respect to their original orientation.

I understood from Bentley and threads on this lists that the yoke halves
that are part of the drive shaft had to be at the same angle (the yokes
of both ends of the drive shaft had to be in the same plane), but I
never heard that one could not be 180 degrees off from it's original
orientation. I also never heard the flange end of the yokes could not be
reinstalled 180 degrees off with respect to their original orientation.

Any comments?

I'm concerned that I have already removed the u-joints from the IRS
axles and have lost track of the original orientation of the u-joint
yokes with respect to being 180 degrees one way or the other.

Any comments?

Did this make any sense?

Don Malling