16" Panasports came in, now I need some tire suggestions...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 16" Panasports came in, now I need some tire suggestions...
From: Joseph Grant <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:23:22 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi,

I bought a set of 16"x7 Panasport wheels.  They came in last night, and they
are awesome...

My question to you all would be:  what recommendation would you give me as to
what tire to run?  I am not too worried about speedo error, I am more worried
about what size to get!!

I was thinking about a set of 215/55-16's.  I realize this is not the original
size and I also realize the speedo is not going to be accurate, but I can deal
with that.  So back to the question, would that size fill up the wheel well?
Would a 215 be too wide?  Otherwise I was thinking of the 205/55-16's.

The reason I am hell bent on 55 series tires is because there is a huge amount
of availability of tires and tire compounds in this size.  As the aspect ratio
goes higher, the availability goes more towards the 'touring' side of things.
I have rebuilt the entire suspension on my car: I am running Spax shocks with
Richard Good's lowering springs up front and I have rebuilt the entire rear
end.  On the rear I have built special adaptors and I have installed AldanEagle
Adjustable Coilover shocks.

So any help would be greatly appreciated...
thanks
joe