Re: interior fitting

To: colinthom@shaw.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: interior fitting
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:23:40 EDT
I redid the interior in my 72 last year.  A fairly straightforward process if
you take your time.  Roger Williams book "How to Restore TR5, 250 and 6"  has
a whole chapter devoted to interior trim including a numbered diagram as to
sequence.  I can send you the sequence if you don't have access to his book.

My only trouble spot was getting the bead on the wheel arches lined up.  Lot
of time spent here.  Since this involves lots of cutting on vinyl panels that
aren't (or weren't) readily available as individual units without buying an
entire kit, take your time here and be sure before you cut.

I used the snaps that came with the interior kit for tunnel cover and floor
carpets and lots of 3M trim adhesive on the other panels.  I also had to
replace the core of the left and right kick panels as the originals were
distorted.
Again, fairly simple by using the old panels as templates.

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions as well.

Good luck!

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6