FW: RE: Seats

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: RE: Seats
From: JDombey@dotcast.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:42:05 -0700
Jorge,

I've done this conversion and am quite happy with it.  I scored a pair of
tan leather seats from a 2000 miata on Ebay, made some plates to adapt the
seat bolt pattern to the existing pattern on the floor of the TR6, did a
little grinding and bending on the miata seat slides and bolted them in.
They're comfortable and look great.  The only possible flaw is that they sit
just a little higher than the stock TR6 seats, although that could be due
partly to 30 year-old seat foam.

I've heard that the BMW seats will fit as well, but have never been able to
confirm it.

Let me know if you need more details about the install.  Unfortunately I
didn't have a digital camera when I did the install to document it.

John