Side Markers lamps 1974 TR6 (Amber lens replacement question)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side Markers lamps 1974 TR6 (Amber lens replacement question)
From: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:48:21 -0400
My left front amber color side marker is cracked and the right side is
chipped.
I removed the units and examined each unit before ordering a replacement.
Each unit has a silver foil reflector located between the original Lucas bulb
housing
and the amber plastic lens. Is this original or was it installed by the
previous owner.
The units shown in the moss catalog looks like a molded plastic reflector. I
am
not sure if the reflector comes only with the bulb housing. If I order the
lens only will
a foil type reflector come with the new unit or do I recover the original foil
in my old unit
and reinstall. Also the units in the British Victoria catalog do not show a
reflector for their
units. If any one has replaced their side markers please drop me email.
PS my repair manual does just not show a reflector when replacing the bulb.

Michael E. Greene
8800 Shoreham Blvd.
Knoxville Tn. 37922