Yellow striped hoses revisited

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Yellow striped hoses revisited
From: "Sterrett Smith" <sterrettsmith@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:57:49 -0400
I know last summer, there was a flurry of activity surrounding the issue of
yellow striped water hoses.  Was is Gary Fuqua who was the lucky bugger who
found some NOS hoses?  Since none of us are as lucky as Gary, did anybody
figure out a definitive way to make these hoses?  Such as do we start with
the green hose (for proper texture), then paint it black, then yellow?  If
so, which paint will w/ stand the heat and possible flexing on installation?
What is the distance between yellow stripes and proper width of the stripe?

Thanks in advance,

Sterrett Smith
'68 TR250 with the water pump out which lead to this rabbit trail.

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar  FREE!