roller rockers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: roller rockers
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:27:25 EDT
Update
The sun came out.  The roller rockers gave it a boost from start to 4000.  I
am refraining from going over 4 grand for the time being.  It is idling very
rough. I have the timing set at 4 degrees ATDC dynamic.  The carbs are set
almost full rich but it seems to be running lean.  Can't find any air leaks.
On
my road test the ignition cut out a couple of times while running at around
3000 rpm.  I think tomorrow that I will pull the Pertronix out and install
points
and see how that goes.  If anybody has any ideas about the poor idle I
welcome the advice.  BTW I installed a gear reduction starter as part of the
rebuild. That bad boy really spins up.  I'll update after I reinstall the
points.
Mike C  '71 Sapphire TR6