RE: fuel in oil

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel in oil
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:46:01 -0700
Jim,

My TR6's engine crankcase filled up with gas due to brand new stuck float
valves, so I put the old ones back in and all is well.  Sorry, but I don't
know what brands either the new ones or old ones are.  I did change the oil
twice right after the mishap, running the engine very briefly after the
first oil change.  I was afraid that just changing the oil once would not
allow for the flushing of areas which don't drain well, causing the oil to
be slightly diluted with gas and therefore failing to provide the required
lubricity.

I am interested to know what others more knowledgeable than me think about
changing the oil twice, rather than once, after gasoline dilution of the
crankcase oil.

Gary
'73