RE: Electrical Gremlins

To: <JHMDDS@aol.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Electrical Gremlins
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:02:36 -0700
        James:

        As someone else mentioned, a fuse is the first place to look for
the dropout of
the instruments and blower motor.
        As for the oil light, the most likely culprit is the oil
pressure switch on the
driver side of the engine block. It has three wires going to it, and
they are not
polarized so the switch is frequently miswired by the DPO.
        Check the wiring diagram in your owners handbook for the correct
connections.
The orientation of the connectors on the switch is correct; That is the
terminals
that are drawn as top, left, and right correspond exactly with the
physical connections
on the oil switch. So connect the wires using the color codes shown in
the diagram, and
you should fix the problem.

        Vance