Re: Opinion

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Opinion
From: "siberian" <siberian@siberian.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:33:13 -0800
Read the Williams book cover to cover 5 or 6 times now (also
Practical Classics) and my wife thinks I'm insane ("That is
NOT bedtime reading!"). :) When I pull out the workshop
manual she really freaks out.

I hear what your saying though. Here is my problem, I could
afford to go buy one of those great rare TR6's that are all
original and showroom perfect but that does not seem fun,
that would just be a car to drive and look at.

I'm starting to think that this particular car is best
passed over but my problem is that in 6 months of looking
I've found, well, a bunch of crud that is over-priced by
large margins in my book. My goal is to get a mid-range
restoration project (I write code and manage engineers all
day, if I don't have another outlet I go bonkers) that
results in a zippy, nice looking but almost positively
non-original pre-73 TR6. I'm no concurs guy, that takes it
to a whole other level.

Who knew it would be so hard to get into the TR6 club!:)

Thanks everyone for helping me out on this.
John-