Re: Surrey top on Spit Mk1

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Surrey top on Spit Mk1
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:49:43 +0000
I think it could be done...
  Since the TR6 and spitty share the same windhield, that part works. The
windshield frame has a special trim piece that catches the top. that trim
can be riveted to the TR6 WS frame.   in the rear are two catches on the
rear cowl that hold a flat, metal strip inside the top, and those would
work.  The TR6 cockpit must be much larger  though I have never measured. A
Spit surry frame could be widened and lengthened to fit a TR6 if needed.  I
have a Spit Surry if anyone needs photos. I had to go to a surry on my MK
III ('68) because of my double paperclip rollbars and GT6+ highback buckets.
  I don't use the top anyway as she's a Garage Queen that runs for home at
the second rain drop...  with or without me!
SDSteve