Door Check Strap - Door Side Mount

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door Check Strap - Door Side Mount
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:44:40 EST
Just before the end of the fall driving season, the door side mount for the
door check strap pulled through the side of my door.  Upon closer inspection, I
found that the bracket had broken at the small end, which allowed it to pull
through the hole in the door.

Has anyone had any experience with these brackets breaking?  Are they
available from TRF?  I have not found them in Moss or BV catalogs, but have not
searched the TRF catalog.  If not available, I know of some junk doors where I
could remove one by using a cutoff blade.  Are they welded in?

Any help or experience is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN