Re: De Vilbiss/ Air compressor

To: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu, LaJoMor@aol.com
Subject: Re: De Vilbiss/ Air compressor
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:55:10 EST
Jim, I have one of the units you referred to.  They are routinely on sale at
Sears for well under $400. (Such as right now with the Craftsman Club Days)
It has plenty of pressure to run tools, blast, etc., but it will not do so
without an occasional break.  I don't know of any portable units that will.  I
also have the largest Sears model but it will still not run indefinitely
without
a break.  Forget the goofy star chart and just check the requirements of the
tool and the top pressure the compressor will generate.  The fact is that if
your tool has a requirement of 90 lbs and the compressor will generate that
much
then it will work.  Most tools don't require any more than that.  Blasting
will usually take (Depending on what you are blasting) as much as you will give
it.  Care must be taken on some metals though not to generate too much heat
due to warpage or pitting.

I work on these cars everyday and I have not had a problem.  My
recommendation is to find it on sale and buy it.  Within reason it will do the
job.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO