Re: Tranny Vent Hole

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tranny Vent Hole
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:02:56 -0800
Geoff---There is already a small vent hole in the top of the tranny. If
this were plugged up, (unlikely) changing gears would be difficult.
Pressure would build at the end of the shifting rods. To find this vent
hole, try shifting and feel for the escaping air.

Dick

Geoff wrote:
(PST+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Tranny Vent Hole
Just a silly question for the list: have any of you out there ever felt
the need to install a vent hole in the tranny top cover? No reason, or
symptoms to speak of and I understand the tranny is lubed via splash,
but - just feels like a good idea before I slap the interior back into
the 6 tomorrow. Thanks and Regards,
Geoff Parker