Transmission oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission oil
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:59:16 EST
Just got off the phone with a good friend who has been having some
difficulty with his overdrive. When the car is cold, the overdrive will not
engage. He
contacted a local British car shop who told him it is because he is  running
90 wt gear oil in the transmission. This guy went on to say that he  should
run 10W30 or the heaviest should be 20W50 in the gearbox.

All the manuals I have read specify 90 wt oil, which is what I have in my
car and I do not have any shifting or overdrive problems.

Anyone out there have similar problems and run different oil in their  tranny?

Stuart Beatty
76 Sleeping Carmine