Suspension Problems

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension Problems
From: "Russ & Sandy" <bungs4@wpia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:17:34 -0400
Listers
Once again I find myself with a problem that I need help with. The rear
suspension on my 73 TR6 works fine on the drivers side, but is stiff and
barely moves on the passenger side. I noticed last year it seemed to have a
stiff ride but thought the dampers were shot. I got the great idea to switch
to tube shocks (Ok it seemed like a good idea). The ride is better but not a
lot. I have switched the shocks from side to side, had the coil spring out and
cleaned up the mounts. All that has helped a little. I have also had the
rearend out and installed new seals and replaced the front mounts  If I jack
the rear of the car up the drivers side only hangs down untill the shock
stretchs out completely. The passenger side drops till the drive shaft catches
on the frame. Which is an extra inch or more.  Any ideas on what to check
next. Everything moves freely its like the shock is holding it from moving but
so did the original damper.

Thanks a million
Russell