RE: Re Low oil pressure

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re Low oil pressure
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:00:47 -0700
        Listers:

        I have found this discussion very interesting, but it seems to
me that we are omitting a
very important point. Oil pressure can be modulated by the viscosity and
type of oil used, no?
        So it seems that another point to check is the viscosity of your
oil, and whether or not
it is multi-viscosity rated. It also seems to me (although I have no
first hand experience) that
a synthetic might make a difference, as they don't thin as much when
warm. So your hot oil pressure
might not fall as much with a synthetic. I say this based only on a
limited understanding
of the virtues of synthetic, so please correct me if you have experience
here.

        Comments?

        Vance