RE: Sourcing a burl walnut dash

To: "'Bruce Simms'" <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sourcing a burl walnut dash
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:46:54 -0700
If you want to attempt the upgrade you can find veneer that can be
applied to the dashboard with contact glue.  Then the hardest part is
making the round holes.  I used a sort-of edge mill tool on my Dremmel
motor.  Several applications of tounge oil and UV resistant
Poly-Urethane later and I have a re-done dash

Steve

I'm interested in a burl walnut dash as part of my restoration.  I like
the classic look. This would be a veneer, either an all new dash or a
new veneer on my old one. I probably don't want to do this work myself,
although I understand  its certainly possible.   Madera Concepts in
California will supply a brand new TR6 burl veneer dash for $391.00.
They said it would cost about the same to have them convert my old one.

Are there other sources?

Thank you,  Bruce Simms
Saskatchewan
CF1941UO