Engine Rebuild Cost

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Rebuild Cost
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 21:42:30 -0400
I have rebuilt 3 engines. Two of them for TR6's, the third for a TR3. The
fun was worth every dollar. The best was when they started and needed only
the distributor adjusting.

The first I calculated $2755.00 in receipts. This included a new shiny
aluminum valve cover; an oil feed line and a spin on oil system. Original
crank, but a new cam. Pistons and rods where reusable

The second, I have receipts for $2247.00. I had the valve cover, the chain
cover, the oil pan and the front and back plate's powder coated. Crank used
again after being checked and reground. New + 20 pistons on old rods. New
cam.

The TR3 engine came in at $1842.00. This engine had the crank replaced with
a new one, new cam and new wet sleeves and pistons. Plates and chain cover
were painted.

All the engines where machined after being cooked and magnafluxed. All had
new rod bushings, crank and rod bearings. I had the bottom end inline bored.
All had the heads done in the machine shop. All had new sprockets and
chains. I think I covered every job. All engines have some miles on now with
no mishaps yet.

My only regret is that the work did not last long enough. Sorry, I am pretty
anal about my work and just love doing it.

Robert L. Gannon