Re: Pluggin off the hot water...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pluggin off the hot water...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:08:47 -0700
Robertray---Plug off the hot water to the heater, if you must. In the
interest of keeping the heater core in good condition, I would recommend
leaving some system available to recirculate the radiator coolant
occasionally. If it's the standard diaphragmed water valve you don't
want, consider using the style used on the earlier TR.

You'll probably find that driveability will suffer if you plug the water
line going to the intake manifold. Fuel can keep the manifold cool
enough to condensate inside. After long runs at speed, the engine may
not want to idle properly.  Try this to see for yourself.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From:
trsix@operamail.com(Robert ray) Date: Sat, Jun 11, 2005, 1:27am
(PDT+8) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: plugging off the hot water to
the manifold
i'm going to plug off my heater, i have a plug for that that fits the
back of the water pump housing.got it from moss. i also want to plug off
the hole by the thermostat that feeds the intake manifold hot water.
it's very warm here most the year and i don't need it don't think. this
plug is a little smaller, i'd like to find one.
anyone know the size and maybe where to order one? i tried the local
retailers, thread didn't match. thanks
--