Re: Filling gearboxes in situ without a pump

To: kradicke@wishboneclassics.com
Subject: Re: Filling gearboxes in situ without a pump
From: "triumph6970@netzero.com" <triumph6970@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:42:44 GMT
I have a slight leak I deal with until the fall. I went to a marine dealer and
picked up a outdrive oil pump. They make these because you have to fill your
outdrive from the drain up. This keeps the air bubbles out and is extreamly
important.
 It's made of plastic and very cheap. I stick it in the gear oil bottle and
pump it in under the car. Works very well.
No mess. I've been using the same little plastic pump for 5 years.
I'm thinking of using it on my clutch slve and push the oil up to the top. I
think I have air in the system.