Question on brakes

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question on brakes
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:47:32 -0700
    Folks:

        I need some advice... I have put new brake lines in my car,
using the automec kit sold by moss. My old brake lines were extremely
rusty, so I tossed em. The automec kit comes with the lines precut and
all the fittings installed. As you recall, there are two lines going
from the Master Cylinder (MC) to the PDWA assembly on the fender well.
    Here is my question: Are those 2 lines routed front MC to back PDWA
and back MC to front PDWA, or are they routed front MC to front PDWA and
rear MC to rear PDWA?
        The front and rear fittings are different sizes on both the PDWA
and the MC. Using the lines in the kit they will only fit one way, which
ends up with the lines "crossed" i.e. front to rear and rear to front.
HOWEVER, my memory says that the lines should NOT be crossed and they
should be front to front, rear to rear. Add to this the fact that one
other line in the kit came supplied with an incorrectly sized fitting
which had to be replaced, and I am worried that the kit has an error,
which results in me misrouting the lines.
        I would like to avoid bleeding my brakes with $25/qt Silicone
fluid and then realizing the kit was buggered. None of my drawings or
manuals give me a clear enough picture of the brake line routing to make
me comfortable that the kit is correct and my memory is bad (although
you would think by now I would never believe my memory, as bad as it
is).
        My car is a 1974-1/2. Could someone look at their brake lines
and tell me which way is correct?

        Thanks,

        Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom