First encounter with the Prince of Darkness?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: First encounter with the Prince of Darkness?
From: "Robert Breazeale" <robertbreazeale@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:10:19 -0700
Greetings,

I've had my TR250 for just one year now.  I've just completed my first
project. Hey it's slow but it is what gives me peace working on a project like
this - I love it!

I just replaced all the clutch complements.  Broken fork pin is what started
it all.  New fork, lever arm, pin, pressure plate, clutch disc (TRF magic
clutch) and gunst throwout bearing. All I can say is WOW!  what a difference.
It's such a pleasure to see a HUE improvement come from working on the car.

As part of the new clutch I also replaced the salve cylinder, master cylinder,
and lower hydraulic line.  Additionally I removed the pedal box and replaced
the bushings (there actually weren't any).  Of course removing the pedal box
mean removing the electrical connection to the brake light switch - hence my
problem.

The problem is, now the brake lights are on all the time!  I even marked the
wires so I would reconnect them the same way when I removed the pedal box.
Short of just replacing the brake light switch at the pedal, anyone have any
ideas?  Or similar experiences?

As always, your advice and support are greatly appreciated.

Cheers and happy shifting!

Robert Breazeale
'68 TR250 CD1553L
Folsom, California